5 “Ahas” on Managing Up from Tony Deblauwe and Patrick Reilly
This week's five Ahas are from the book Tony Deblauwe and Patrick Reilly on Managing Up. Tony Deblauwe, founder of the cutting-edge HR firm, HR4Change and Patrick Reilly, president of Resources in Action, Inc., have extensive experience working with corporations large and small to coach leaders and employees alike how to manage and optimize human relationships in the workplace.
In this Aha Amplifier book, they show you how to successfully navigate the right way to manage your boss to the mutual benefit of both parties and the organization. It contains bite-sized wisdom that reveal how you can build effective communication and rapport upwards that will reverberate throughout your team.
Share some of their tips below, and then read and share the entire book via the Aha Amplifier:
- Always operate with your boss to foster dignity and humility. Show your spine when it matters. @ReillyResources #tll[click to tweet]
- Let your boss know what you say "yes" to and what you say "no" to; these are your core values. @HR4Change #tll [click to tweet]
- Treat everyone on the team equally. Favoritism erodes a manager's credibility and weakens your team. @ReillyResources #tll [click to tweet]
- Influence is about presenting your ideas in a way that aligns with your boss's needs and expectations. @HR4Change #tll [click to tweet]
- Innovation embraces failure to find the diamond in the rough. This is also true with upwards communications. @HR4Change #tll [click to tweet]
Tony Deblauwe and Patrick Reilly on Managing Up is available via the Aha Amplifier. You can see all 140 Ahas and share one or more of them socially atTony Deblauwe and Patrick Reilly on Managing Up. (Please note that you'll need to create a free account to view and share the book.)
Check out the last set of Ahas | next set of Ahas
Aha! Amplify yourself by sharing high-quality content by getting your free account at the Aha Amplifier.
To stay informed of future posts, please follow Mitchell at: Linkedin
First posted on LinkedIn Pulse. Grab the link from Here